If you do not have dental insurance or are not satisfied with your insurance coverage, becoming a member of the FFD Preventative Plan may be of interest to you.
If you have dental insurance, we encourage you to look at your plan and what it covers. Please feel free to call our office if you have questions about your insurance. A typical individual dental insurance policy costs $600-$800 per year (not including stipulations, deductibles and waiting periods). When you compare the numbers, you may find that the FFD Preventative Plan is more cost effective for you and/or better meets your needs.
When Can I join?
FFD’s Preventative Plan has open enrollment two months a year: March and September.
What does it cost?
The current price(s) for the FFD Preventative Plan will be published in February and August, so that patients can decide if they want to sign up for the program the following month.
The patient pays one annual fee. A panorex x-ray or full mouth series of x-rays is done every three years. The year that the panorex or full mouth series of x-rays is due, the annual fee is slightly higher than other renewal years.
When three or more members of the same family (must live in the same household) sign up at the same time for the Preventative Plan, they will receive a 10% discount off of the total fee.
What do you get for the annual fee?
- Two Six-Month Cleanings
- Two Six-Month Exams
- Bitewing X-rays
- Treatment Planning Consultation
- 20% Discount on any Restorative Treatment or Cosmetic Procedure completed at FFD
Children (ages three to 14):
- Two Six Month Cleanings
- Two Six Month Exams
- Bitewing X-rays
- Two Fluoride Varnishes
- 20% Discount on Sealants
- 20% Discount on Any Restorative Treatment completed at FFD.
How Does the FFD Preventative Plan Work?
- Payment for the FFD Preventative Program must be paid in full at the start of the plan.
- The plan is good for one year (sign-up times are March 1-31 or September 1-30). For patients that sign up in March, the plan is good until March 30 of the following year. For patients that sign up in September, the plan is good until the following year on September 30.
- Patients are responsible for booking and keeping their appointments to use the services provided by the Preventative Plan.
- Services can be used at any time during the year. (for most people we recommend every six months for Preventative Appointments).
- All service(s) must be used by the end date of the plan. There is no carry over or refund for unused benefits.
- The FFD Preventative Plan is a final sale and is non-refundable.
- Eligible patients can sign op for the FFD Preventative Plan or FFD Endless Whitening Program, but not both.
- For patients that require more extensive cleanings the credit is valued at the current price at FFD for a basic adult prophylaxis. However, more extensive cleanings would be eligible for the 20% discount (after the current price is deducted).
- For patients that require cleanings more frequent than every six months, after the two cleanings from the plan are used, any additional cleanings during the duration of the plan will receive the 20% discount.
- Empty Chair rules apply to FFD Preventative Plan patients. If a participant in the FFD Preventative Plan needs to reschedule a preventative appointment, at least a 48 hour notice is required.
- The main goal of the FFD Preventative Plan is to promote the importance of preventative dental care. FFD reserves the right to deny renewal of the plan if a patient is not complying with the spirit/philosophy of the program.
Questions about the FFD Preventative Plan?
Please call our front desk.